Boston, MA 02205-1772
pp: per person
pm: per motorcoach
ppdo: per person double occupany
*: choice of
+$$: additional cost
^: certain aspects of tour
<>: available seasonally
EV: entertainment value
comp: complimentary 1 or 2
TT for our TT Industry Friends
Based on 40 Travelers
Garden City LI
Toll Free: (888)837-7885
The Hudson River Valley.
With more than 153 Tour Attractions from Train Tours and River Cruises to Wineries to Historic Estates and ART, there is MORE history to keep you busy for Your lifetime - and longer. Here, we hae some samples of the Most Popular tours and Destinations - AND below even MORE by categories. We gave each a number to help you keep track.
- Hudson Valley Train Tour to the ...
- Culinary Institute of America -
PLUS - Hyde Park Estate & Mansion Tour
- Roosevelts - Vanderbilt - Morse & Train Tour
- Included in Your Culinary Institute Tour -
o First Class Luxury Motorcoach *Hudson Valley Videos
o Local Guide / Historian
o Luncheon at the Culinary Institute -
- Your Choice of 3 Restaurants
o Train Tour along the majestic Hudson River
- PLUS - Choose 1 of the following ...
1. CIA Guided Tour - 1 hour tour after luncheon
2. Eleanor Roosevelt National Historic Site - “Val-Kill”
3. Franklin Delano Roosevelt Home, Museum, Library, - Visitor’s Center
4. Vanderbilt Estate - Frederick Vanderbilt Mansion
5. Locust Grove - Home of Samuel F.B. Morse, - inventor & painter
6. Wings Castle - Whimsical Stone home of world- famous artist Peter Wing & Family.
7. Winery Tasting & Tour - Brotherhood or Millbrook Winery
8. West Point - Tour PLUS Visitor’s Center & bookstore
9. DIA: Beacon - Contemporaty Art Museum
- CIA Luncheon & Dinner Reservations 1-888-837-7885 -
- The “Rhine of North America” -
- Hudson Valley Wine Train -
..... The Glorious Hudson River Valley .....
- Delicious - Hearty American Luncheons -
Culinary Institute - West Point - Hyde Park
Available All Year f$59 - $109pp
Depart 7:30am Return 6:00pm
Exciting - Dramatic - FUN ! Today you will share in the rich visual and cultural heritage of one of the world’s most beautiful river valleys. The glories of Mother Nature in the Hudson River Valley have been extolled for centuries, serving as a focal point of the Hudson River School of Artists, and the wealthy Dutch plantation owners of the 1600s; then the new wealth of the Americans from the 1700s, 1800s till today.
Home of the Roosevelt’s, Rockefellers, Vanderbilts, Harrimans.
- One of America’s most beautiful regions !
- Included in Your Hudson Valley Wine Train Tour -
o First Class Luxury Motorcoach ... w/ Hudson River videos
o Local Guide/Historian ..... to fill you in on all the History
o Wine Train Ride - along the Hudson River thru the ... - Hudson Highlands -
o *Luncheon - Your choice of restaurants
- Culinary Institute - Coppola’s - Buffet
o *Choice of Attractions - choose 1 or 2 of 7
1. West Point - Guided Tour
2. Vanderbilt Mansion
3. Wing’s Castle
4. FDR Home & Library
5. Locust Grove-Sam Morse Home
6. Culinary Institute - Guided Tour
7. Val Kill - Eleanor’s home
o Magnificent Views of the Hudson River
o Brotherhood or Millbrook Winery - Tour & Tasting
o Scenic Highways *price varies with restaurant, - attractions, distance traveled
- ALL Wine Train Tour Reservations 1-888-837-7885
- Four = 4 - Separate HRV Regions -
- Tours to the Beautiful Hudson River Valley -
- FUN - History - Charm - Delicious & Hearty Meals -
The Hudson River Valley has been a lure for visitors for almost 400 years. From the banks of America’s most scenic river to Bear Mountain and Storm King Mountain, and the plains of the fertile valley between the Catskill and Taconic Mountains, there is a wealth of natural beauty waiting for you and your friends. Mansions and museums, FDR, Vanderbilts, Rockefellers, West Point, wonderful restaurants and inns, wineries, and so much more we can’t possibly see it all ...
... but we sure will try !
1. Tour HV L - Lower Hudson Valley -
Yonkers to Peekskill
o River Cruise - MV Commander Haverstraw to West Point - 2 hour narrated historic cruise.
o Train Tour - Vanderbilt’s New York Central Railroad Yonkers to Peekskill
o Kykuit - Extraordinary house and gardens of the Rockefeller family. Fine art collection and
Gov. Rockefellers 20th century sculpture. Commanding view of the Hudson.
Kykuit means “lookout” Dutch names = Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Roosevelt,
o Lyndhurst - An outstanding example of Gothic Revival architecture. Jay Gould. 67 acres.
o Sunnyside - Romantic riverside estate of author Washington Irving. Costumed guides.
..... “Legend of Sleepy Hollow” author. Headless Horseman
o Philipsburg Manor - 18th century trading center, working farm, waterpowered grist mill
- farm animals, handsomely furnished manor house. Costumed guides
o John Jay Homestead - Colonial home of the First Chief Justice of our Supreme Court
o Van Cortlandt Manor - Restored 1697 Manor House and Ferry House. County seat of the Van Cortlandt Family for 350 years. Excellent Restoration by John D. Rockefeller, Jr.
2.Tour HV H - Hudson Highlands -
- Peekskill to Beacon -
o Cruise on the MV Commander Local cruise in the Grand Fjord of the Hudson Highlands
o Cruise on the MV Pride of the Hudson South from Newburgh through the Northern Highlands ... past Storm King Mountain and Bannerman’s Island
o Train Tour along the Majestic, Historic Hudson River
o Hudson Valley Wine Train - Magnificent. Along the River. Attractions & Winery.
o Orange County Choppers - Visit the Store seen on TV
o West Point - United States Military Academy
“Duty, Honor, Country”
o Bear Mountain - Inn, Zoo, Lookout, Appalachian Trail
o Brotherhood Winer - Tasting & Tours
Oldest Winery in the USA (:45 min West)
o Cold Spring Village - Excellent Antiques & Riverfront bandstand. Some walking
o Boscobel - 1806 Restored Federal style mansion featuring period furniture - herb and rose gardens. Superb Huydson views
o DIA: Beacon - NEW World Class ... largest contemporary Art Museum in the world
o Storm King Art Center - Outdoor Sculpture Garden Excellent - World Famous
o Woodbury Commons Shopping - More than 300 stores ... and growing
3. Tour HVU - Upper Hudson Valley -
- Beacon to Albany -
o Amtrak Train Tour Beautiful Croton-Poughkeepsie-Albany OR Metro Peekskill-Poughkeepsie
o Wineries - Millbrook & Brotherhood Vineyards. Excellent wines & Tours.
o Cruise - 3 Hour Cruise down the Hudson River from - Rondout Landing to West Point on the MV Rip Van Winkle - 3 hour cruises
o Culinary Institute - 3 restaurants plus a guided tour if you are having lunch. When not dining, many Tours stop & visit the bakery & gift shop.
o Franklin D. Roosevelt "Springwood" - Birthplace, home, and gravesite of FDR and Eleanor. Fascinating - Library, Home, Museum - glimpse into presidential life. Interactive displays and videos.
o “Valkill” - Eleanor Roosevelt’s country cottage- home that she loved dearly
- Eleanor lived here after FDR’s death 1945-1962
o “Locust Grove” - Home of Samuel Morse, artist and inventor (telegraph).
- Superb furniture, decorative arts, and telegraph exhibits.
o “Wilderstein” - Mansion built for President FDR but never occupied.
o Stattsburgh - 1895 Beaux Arts“Gilded Age”country home -design by Stanford White.
Mills Mansion - Beautiful furnishings and panoramic vistas of the Hudson River.
The Country Seat Home of Ogden and Ruth Livingston Mills
o Montgomery Place - Meticulously preserved historic Hudson River country estates. Elegant mansion closed for renovations Livingston family mansion. 434 acres rolling lawns, woodlands, orchards
o Vanderbilt Mansion One of the finest of the “Gilded Age” built - 1896 by Frederick & Louise
Home, grounds, formal gardens, spectacular view of the Hudson River.
o Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome = Pure FUN ! Relive days of the Barnstormers.Black Baron - Airshow Saturday & Sunday - - Museum daily Memorial - Labor Day
o “Clermont” - Historic estate, home to 7 generations of the Livingston Family.
Mansion tours, gardens, grounds
o “Olana” - Unique, Persian style home and work of art designed and built by
Frederick Edwin Church - Hudson River School artist 1870-76.
o Gomez Mill House - 1714 Trading Post. Earliest surviving Jewish settlement/traders home
o Rondout Landing - Kingston on the Hudson. Former capital of New York & canal center
4. Tour HVN - Northern Hudson Valley -
- Albany to Saratoga -
o Albany - Guided Tour - Visitor’s Center - Tour the Capitol Building -
- Empire State Museum - Hudson Locks Cruise - Riverboat Cruise
o Saratoga Springs - Thoroughbred Horse Races - Guided Tour - Breakfast Trackside - Historic Victorian downtown - Mineral Springs - Performing Arts Center - Amtrak Train Tour departure
o Glens Falls - Queensbury Hotel overnight on many tours. World - Famous hotel
- ALL Hudson Valley Tour Reservations 1-888-837-7885
HVaaHu - Hudson Valley - 8 Cruises - 15 Trains - 6 Wineries -
- 8 - Cruises on the Hudson River -
- All with Historic Narration - WINE & CHAMPAGNE optional -
A. Bannerman’s Island Cruise - Historic fortress-like armory on Polopel Island.
- Near Beacon Ferry and Train Station in the Hudson River 1+ hours. Steep walks.
B. Lighthouse Cruise from Historic Rondout Landing
- Kingston-on-Hudson. Former capital of New York. Busy canal boat & steamship center.
- Trolley ride - Lighthouse Cruise - Historic museums
C. Cruise from Kingston on the M/V Rip VanWinkle
- MV Rip VanWinkle cruises down the Hudson River from Rondout Landing in Kingston,
to West Point. 3 hour cruises operating April - October Snacks and beverages available
D. Cruise from Albany on Dutch Apple Cruises
- Daily April - November. 2 and 2.5 hour cruises. Longer cruise northbound includes traveling thru the Troy Lock. Snacks & beverages available.
E. Champagne Cruise from Haverstraw on the
M/V Commander - Ship is on the National Historic Register - 3 Cruises Daily April - November. Choice of:
10a -12n Haverstraw to West Point
12:30 -2p West Point up river, to Newburgh & Bannerman’s Island & Grand Fjord
2:30p -4:30p West Point to Haverstraw
F. Cruise from Newburgh on the MV Pride of the Hudson
- South from Newburgh thru the Northern Highlands - Storm King Mountain & Bannerman’s Island
- 15 - Train Tours --- 3 - Wine Trains
1. Hudson Valley Wine Train - Magnificent.Along the River. Attractions above & Winery.
2. Taconic Wine Train - 3. West Country Wine Train
4. Amtrak Train Tour Beautiful Croton-Poughkeepsie-Albany OR Metro NY City-Poughkeepsie
5-15. Train Tours on Vanderbilt’s - New York Central Railroad
A. New York City to Poughkeepsie (2 hours) B. Yonkers to Poughkeepsie (1:30)
C. Tarrytown ‘ Poughkeepsie (1:15) D. Tarrytown ‘ Beacon (:51)
D. Peekskill ‘ Poughkeepsie (:55) E. Croton-Harmon ‘ Albany (1:50)
F. Poughkeepsie ‘ Albany (1:00) G. Albany ‘ Lake Champlain (2:50)
H. Saratoga Springs to Lake Champlain (2:05++) I. North Creek ‘ Hudson River (2:00)
- 6 Wineries -
o Wineries - More than 50 wineries & vineyards in the scenic Hudson Valley, a perfect region, both climate and soil for growing grapes. Many offer affordable, drinkable, table wines
o Millbrook Vineyards & Winery. Fine wines in a beautiful hilltop setting on an old dairy farm. Millbrook offers a tour and tasting, and a small gift shop. It is adjacent to “Wings Castle”
o Brotherhood Winery. America’s oldest winery offers cellar tours and tastings. Largest wine cellars in the USA. Amish gift shop. Frequent entertainment.Extended tastings. Affordable wines.
ALL Hudson Valley Tour Reservations 1-888-837-7885
- Hudson River Valley -
- ART -
Hudson River Highlands
Beautiful - Stunning - Superb - Exhilarating
- Fine Dining - Hearty American Fare - Your Choice of Menus -
- World-Class Art set against the backdrop of the beautiful mountains and meadows ..... Only in the Hudson River Valley
Complete Tours Available April - November - Daily ex: Tues & Wed 11a-4p
Included in Your Husdson River ART Tour
Luncheon plus up to 3 activities are possible in 1 day. 2 are included normally.
o First Class Motorcoach
o Local Guide/Historian
o Luncheon - at your choice of restaurants (see below)
- Culinary Institute - Hotel Thayer - Hudson House - Hometown -
1. Train Ride* .... along the majestic Hudson or
2. Hudson River Cruise* .... time to relax and reflect
3. Dia: Beacon - Art Museum
4. Storm King Art Center
.... contemporary art sculptures set on 500 acres of mountain meadows.
5. Boscobel Mansion - Gardens & Decorative Art*
Other Nearby Sights that You May Choose
6. o Locust Grove or FDR’s home & library “Springwood”
7. o Valkill* - home of Eleanor Roosevelt from 1945 - 1962
8. o West Point Guided Tour* - U.S. Military Academy
ALL Hudson River Valley Tour Reservations 1-888-837-7885
- Hudson River Valley -
Art Tours in the Hudson Highlands
Art and Artists have always flourished in the Hudson River Valley; the most famous being the Hudson River School of artists in the 1800s. More recently, contemporary artist venues have come to dominate the Hudson Highlands with three outstanding representations of artists.
To get a thorough appreciation of the landscape that inspired and dominated the artists eye, you may begin your tour with your choice of either a train ride or a cruise on the Hudson River.
The 3 most famous locations for seeing world-class art are:
1. Boscobel, which is noted for the collection of decorative arts. Overlooking the Hudson River, this 1806 Federal style mansion features authentic period furninhings, herb garden, and rose gardens.
2. DIA:Beacon The newest and largest contemporary art museum in the world spotlighting the works of only 12 famous artists, including Andy Warhol.
3. Storm King Art Center, an outdoor sculpture garden set on 500 acres built into the beautiful rolling hills and mountain meadows.
All three are magnificent examples of the glorious settings in the Hudson River Highlands. On a 1-Day Tour you can visit all three, or take a more leisurely approach and visit only 2. Luncheon and motorcoach transportation are always included.
Your Luncheon Choices
Complete Tour Prices priced from:
- Culinary Institute $79 Classic Day of Touring & Dining. 4 restaurants
- Hotel Thayer $69 ...at the US Military Academy at West Point
- Hudson House $75 Historic Hotel / Restaurant in Cold Spring
Fine Dining overlooking the Hudson River
- Hometown Buffet $57 75 choices on the menu - Top Value
- Depot Restaurant $65 Casual American - lighter luncheons
Prices may vary with dates selected, restaurant, attractions, and distance traveled.
ALL Hudson River Valley Tour Reservations 1-800-818-2141
- Hudson River Valley -
- Dinner Theatres & Shows -
- Special Events -
- FREE Train Ride -
..... in the Historic Hudson Valley
- Please Phone 1-888-837-7885 for complete updated
Theatre & Show listings, dates, and pricing
1. Westchester Broadway Theatre from $69
- Excellent Broadway style Musicals. Equity Cast plus a fine luncheon. Elmsford in Westchester County
2. Inn at Hunt’s Landing - Lobster Luncheons Fri-Sun from $59
- 11 Themed Festivals changes monthly Mardi Gras to - Oktoberfest -
- St. Patrick’s - Italian Carnevale - Polkafest - Country & Western -
- Take a FREE Train Ride to the Festivals!
Not quite in the Hudson Valley, but only 19 minutes west of Middletown so you sure can enjoy the festivals all year round.
3. Hunter Mountain Festival f$57
- Just a short ride from Kingston in the heart of the Catskill Mountains, we figure that you’d like to know about these happy events.
Festivals: - World Culture - August German Alps - August Celtic - August
- Oktoberfest September & October
4. Platzl Brauhaus - Seasonal themed shows, entertainment, f $57
- A bit of Old Bavaria nestled in a peaceful valley, and lots of good, hearty food. Always FUN.
Every one of our tours above can include a Cruise or
a FREE Train Ride to add to your Happy Day!
ALL Hudson Valley Shows & Reservations 1-888-837-7885
NewYorkScenicTours . com
Groups Only - Wholesale to the TT Industry
Look for the Original and Official "ST". Your Professional Guarantee
Site Under Construction to Improve Our Services for You & Updated Daily
- More ? Nearby ? Of Course !
NOTE - You are VERY close to some of the
North East's most famous areas
1. Saratoga 20 min
2. Lake George 50 min
3. Southern Vermont 45 min
4. Cooperstown 1 hour
5 The Berkshires 50 min
The Hudson River Valley
The Rhine" of North America
Magnificent Estates - Wineries - and The River